Thursday, July 10, 2008

Job Jars

So everyday around here I find myself saying the same things over and over and over to my older boys..."BRUSH YOUR TEETH", "WASH YOUR FACE", "NO, YOU DIDN'T MAKE YOUR BED, GO BACK AND DO IT"...you know how it goes.
I came across this job jar idea over at Make and Takes, one of my favorite places to visit. I think she had found the idea here.
Anyway here are our versions:
The basic idea is the sticks start out "job side up" and after they complete the job they put the stick back in "colored side up."
I made some extra job sticks for weekly jobs. So at the start of the week each J and T will each pick two additional sticks to add to their jars and that will be there chore that week. I made one stick blank so they could win a freebie.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! I have four daughters and a 5th on the way. This is PERFECTO for me. Great idea! Thanks for posting it.

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I like that the kids could decorate their own jars.

Joanna said...

Great idea! Thanks for posting it. With four daughters and a fifth on the way I think I'll give it a try.