Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A little baking and A Chocolate Craving...

We where all couped up in the house today due to rain. So I decided to do a little baking and try out a recipe I have had stuck to the fridge for like a month now.
First up is that recipe: Yogurt cereal bars from Stonyfield Farms Yogurt
2 cups corn flakes ( I used a granola cereal I had )
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tea. cinnamon
Mix all these together in a bowl and then cut in 1/2 cup butter until course crumbs form.
Next mix:
1 cup flavored yogurt ( I used Stonyfield Vanilla )
1 egg slightly beaten
2 tb. flour
all together in a bowl
Grease a 8in. square pan and press down half of cereal mixture into bottom
Add your yogurt mixture and smooth out. Then add remaining cereal mix on top.
Bake 350 for 30 min.; cut into bars when cooled.
And now for the CHOCOLATE!!!!
Chocolate Hot Fudge Cake
very simple I buy a chocolate fudge cake mix, make according to box directions in a 13x9 pan
cool and cut in big pieces. Cut the piece in half length wise and put vanilla ice cream between two pieces. Then drizzle with hot fudge sauce and a very generous helping of whipped topping!! YUM

No comments: